Thursday 2 July 2009

So, blogging

Well, I've sat back and watched friends like Ben, Andrew and Daniel all write these bloggery-blog-type-blog things and for some reason never making one myself. For some reason I never really thought about it. Partly due to "yeah, what could I write?", partly due to "well you've got RealVG and your DA account and Jump Leads and forums and stuff if you just want to ramble incoherently", partly due to "I'd only forget about it after a few entries".

But... well, I haven't done article on RealVG for ages, and dammit, I need to write, in somewhere that's my own space somehow. Or something. Because I do want to be a writer, I have this vague, nebulous career goal that includes the word "WRITING" somewhere at its heart. And ultimately, the way to become a writer is to write. Consistently and constantly, about whatever's on your mind if necessary. And the more you write, the more fluent you become.

I've had a lack of fluency in my writing for a few months now: I stopped writing for myself when I started my teaching course, and when I quit the teaching course I couldn't pick myself up again. I'm slowly starting to get back into form: I rejoined Clydach Writer's Group, and I've put some short pieces together for that. With any luck, this blog will help accelerate this return to form.

If I can keep it up, that is. I'm pretty bad when it comes to starting things and not finishing them, so I hope this doesn't end with a whimper a month from now or something. I want to try and write something for the blog every day, but there's always the worry that things won't happen. But I guess things do happen, every day. It's just you forget about them because you forget to write them down. With any luck, that's what I'll do here. Even if I am rather late to the scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment