Friday 3 July 2009

Haircut of... normality!

Well, I had a haircut today, if the title didn't give it away. The usual, just getting it trimmed back and having my beard trimmed and stuff. I'm not the most revolutionary of people when it comes to hair styles. Okay I have a beard, but only because it's more convenient than shaving every day.

Saying that, my mum does pester me to trim it more often in between visits to the salon, and to be fair she has a point. If nothing else, left to its own devices my beard grow asymmetrically: on the face it's okay, but there's a big "bald spot" on the right side of my neck where hair just doesn't grow for some reason. It's odd. The upshot is that I need to keep shaving the left side of the neck back to keep everything in order. Well, "need to". You're fairly lucky if I do it myself once between trips to the hairdresser's every month and a half or so.

What else? Well, the Ashes starts in a few days, and England and Australia are playing some warm-up matches: England against Warwickshire, Australia against the England 2nd XI, known as "England Lions" (not to be confused with the British Lions, currently touring South Africa in rugby union). England were pretty ruthless against Warwickshire (bowling Warks out for 102 in their first innings), although the game ended up a draw (only three days, after all). Australia are having something of a mixed performance against the Lions, only leading on first innings by eight runs: Harmison got Hughes out twice cheaply, while Johnson conceded over 100 runs. If you understood that and found it interesting, you were probably keeping tabs on the matches anyway. But yeah, positive signs for England, although of course warm-ups don't really count for much. Only five days to go though! Here's hoping for nice weather over Cardiff...

No comments:

Post a Comment